Wednesday, December 29, 2004

New York, New York

I have taken a vacation to NYC, and I must say that this is probably one of the best vacations I could have taken. It is snowing here, and believe it or not, I have never seen snow. The fact that I was able to build a snowball and throw it at the poor little kids on the block let me know that this was probably an experience that everyone should enjoy.

I guess the purpose of this short post is for me to acknowledge how important it is to enjoy the little things that life has to offer. You know, I have been constantly dealing with the thoughts of life, and how cruel life can be. How people are dying left and right, and how it seems that there is no positive outlook on things. How life seems to grow more towards desolation and less towards fulfillment. But in that snow ball, the little snowflakes all grew to become something tangible, and memorable. And apparently, it was powerful...just ask the people who got hit with one. The point is...life's little blessings, at times, can make you enjoy the goodness that is still out there, even in this world of turmoil and tribulations. And like the snowflakes, when blessings are gathered together, one can really see their IMPACT (pun intended!) I think I will start counting my small blessings as much as I count the big ones...because they all are gifts from God that help to make life wonderful.

No comments: